The Cracked Mug v 2.0

User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

We didn't know him, Horatio 💀

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I drew my gay sons please perceive

Gay_Fish.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I've started choosing colors more deliberately (and for my last two drawings or so have been actively using a technique to make a palette of similar tones or whatever the correct verbiage is) and it's made a huge difference in cohesiveness

in this one I tried to color Merillian with cool tones and Rex with warm tones, I think it comes across!

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I am so tired and the main thing that's making me tired will not be alleviated until next spring so that's, exhausting

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

2025102119065400_c.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I see this as art advice all the time and do not comprehend it

55816f8d6ded7f2d627f2662e5e1ebae.jpg

Admittedly I have tritanomalous vision but also what does it. Like. What does it mean. Forehead yellow why

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Fetian
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:33 pm
.oO: Look at me, still talking when there's science to do

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by Fetian »

I found the source for that here: https://www.swatchesacademy.com/post/us ... -portraits

But that's talking about a specific use for a general concept and I can't find information on the general concept ("skin map") anywhere. It seems to be something about how light reflects off of parts of the face at different colour temperatures? Or something? The post seems to be saying that you can map out those colours onto a face and then lower the opacity and it will look more realistic than just shading the skin tone like the face is all one colour, which makes sense because faces aren't all one colour and the different planes and angles will affect the lighting/shading. But I don't think just that graphic without any context is, at all helpful in any sense??

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

The art I'm currently working on is a forward-facing portrait so maybe I'll try one without a color map and one with and see if it makes any sort of difference at all? My faces aren't very skilled/detailed yet but they're face-shaped enough to give it a try

User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

  Hidden text. You are not a member of the groups to which this text is available
User avatar
erikakaiser
Posts: 2784
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:39 pm
Pronouns: she/her
.oO: power of friendship 🐀👑

Re: The Cracked Mug v 2.0

Unread post by erikakaiser »

I think the vibes tonight are make a blanket nest and play Chrono Trigger on Steam Deck

Post Reply